- Business reports course teaching trainees how to write the specialized business reports they write
- Business report writing examinations using the trainee’s specialized business reports or simulations of them
- Teaching the best practices for writing the specialized business reports
- Taught by a business college PhD professor
- Business reports course materials all online
- Many business report writing exercises
- Activities to practice writing clear business reports that have impact
- Easy-to-understand lessons
- A wide variety of examples
- Five diagnostic writing examinations of the specialized business reports with coaching by the instructor
- Business reports course materials stay online after graduation for later reference
- Tuition: $295
The Writing Specialized Business Reports course teaches the skills required to write clear, well-organized business reports of a special type. The five writing examinations in this business report writing course will ask you to submit a business report you write as part of your normal work activities. Your instructor will help you apply the general skills of business report writing to the specialized reports you write. The instructor will write detailed notes about your business report writing, help you revise the business reports, and coach you through any skills you need to learn to write high-quality business reports.
The online lessons contain clear explanations and many examples. You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. The instructor evaluates the activities and examinations, comments on skills you have learned and skills you still need to polish, coaches you through learning the skills, and certifies your competence. You receive a Writing Specialized Business Reports course graduation certificate at the end of the course.
You will go through the business reports course at your own pace, so you could complete it within a few weeks. However, you have up to four months to complete the course so you can fit the study time into your schedule. All lessons must be finished within the four-month period.
Business Report Writing Course Content
Plan the Business Report
2. Know your readers.
3. Choose strategies based on the goals and readers.
Prepare Your Business Report Notes
5. Prepare notes for your business report.
7. Use special organizational patterns for some business reports.
9. State the contents of the business report.
10. State conclusions and recommendations in the introduction.
12. Keep explanations of a subject together in one block.
13. Check each block for focus.
14. Check each block for completeness.
15. Open each block with a statement of the contents.
16. Use headings to open blocks.
17. Bold field or data names to identify them as blocks.
Present Lists in Business Reports Clearly
19. Open list blocks.
20. Mark the list items clearly.
21. Keep list items in a single list.
22. Keep list items in the same format.
23. Present business report writing in tables when appropriate.
24. Consider information blueprinting to create explicit business reports.
Write Clear, Complete Business Reports
26. Write clear, complete, relevant explanations.
27. Use key words consistently.
28. Fully explain each new concept word or phrase.
29. Use full phrases to define words clearly.
Write Clear, Effective Paragraphs, Sentences, and Words
32. Write concisely.
33. Combine sentences to show relationships.
Separate sentences to make them clearer.
34. Write clear, simple, straightforward sentences in business report writing.
35. Write strong, direct sentences.
36. Write clearly and simply for non-technical readers.
37. Use words the reader will understand.