Basic Grammar for Business
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations below for our most popular combinations.
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations in the right column for our most popular combinations.
Mistakes in grammar, punctuation, spelling, and usage lessen the impact of your writing.
Even the smallest mistake in your language or grammar can undermine your message and incline your readers to disregard what you are saying. Take this class to make sure your writing is error-free so your ideas get the hearing they deserve.
- Learn the grammar rules to write correctly
- Call or email your instructor at any time
- Training in the most important business grammar skills
- Pre- and post-tests show you how much you’re learning
- Retake tests to learn more and increase your scores
- Using the best grammar book available today
This is an in-depth course. It teaches you all of the major rules of grammar and usage. We train using a grammar textbook and practice activities. You will take a test at the end of each lesson to make sure that you are improving your understanding. You get as much feedback from your instructor as you need for every lesson.
When You Complete This Course...
- You will understand the grammar principles and rules that are most applicable to business writing.
- You will be able to identify common grammatical errors and fix them in your own writing.
How It Works
When you enroll, we give you access to all the online lessons and training materials. Each lesson builds on the lessons that precede it. We offer clear explanations for every part of our training and plenty of real-world examples of how to apply the skills you are learning.
Set Your Own Pace
You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. You don’t have to be online with other students or perform activities at specific times.
Your instructor evaluates all your work, coaches you through learning the skills, and gives you personalized feedback on what you are doing well and what still needs polish. You can contact your instructor at any time if you have questions about your training, business writing, or the English language.
When you finish the course within four months, you receive a graduation certificate.
You may purchase the textbook from a bookseller such as Amazon.com. You will also study online training materials.
List of usage areas covered in the Basic Grammar for Business course:
- Developing clear, correct sentences • Writing subjects and verbs • Avoiding dangling and misplaced modifiers • Using adverbs • Using modifiers • Avoiding passive voice • Using punctuation • Using apostrophes • Using semicolons • Using periods after polite questions • Using dashes • Using quotation marks • Using colons • Avoiding comma overuse • Commas with "who" and "which" • Commas in a series • Commas with parenthetical elements • Commas with introductory elements • Commas with dates • Commas with coordinating conjunctions • Commas with conjunctive adverbs • Commas with conjunctions • Commas with restrictive and non-restrictive clauses • Commas with appositives • Using other usage skills • Capitalizing • Using numbers • Keep constructions parallel • Using "who" and "whom" • Proofreading effectively • Proofreading principles • Proofreading techniques