Writing Clear Instructions and Procedures
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations below for our most popular combinations.
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations in the right column for our most popular combinations.
Explain what your readers need to know and do.
Clear instructions and procedures can make the difference between a useful product and a frustrating one, or between a safe procedure and a dangerous one. Writing with clarity is how businesses keep their customers and employees safe, avoid liability, assure consistency, and increase efficiency. Meet your readers wherever they are, at any level of education, experience, or expertise, and explain what they need to know.
- Learn how to analyze tasks to write clear, complete instructions
- Learn to do a task analysis to include everything readers need
- Learn the task-oriented approach to writing clear step-by-step procedures
- Learn to analyze readers so the instructions fit their needs
- Contains clear explanations and many examples
- Receive coaching from your instructor on writing clearly
The Writing Clear Instructions and Procedures course teaches the skills required to write instructions and procedures in all areas of business. We teach you how to identify the tasks you must explain, list the steps the reader must follow, and explain the actions within the steps clearly and in order. You learn to write simple explanations, use words the reader understands, and polish the procedures so they are easy to read.
When You Complete This Course...
- You will know how to create instructions by thinking through every action step by step.
- You will have a better sense of when to incorporate visual aids in your instructions and how to communicate numerical information.
- You will write instructions and procedures readers can follow easily and successfully.
- You will know how to write for readers rather than at them, in language that everyone can understand.
How It Works
When you enroll, we give you access to all the online lessons and training materials. Each lesson builds on the lessons that precede it. We offer clear explanations for every part of our training and plenty of real-world examples of how to apply the skills you are learning.
Set Your Own Pace
You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. You don’t have to be online with other students or perform activities at specific times.
Your instructor evaluates all your work, coaches you through learning the skills, and gives you personalized feedback on what you are doing well and what still needs polish. You can contact your instructor at any time if you have questions about your training, business writing, or the English language.
When you finish the course within four months, you receive a graduation certificate.