Plain English Writing Skills
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations below for our most popular combinations.
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations in the right column for our most popular combinations.
Plain business writing makes your writing clear and powerful.
When we write, our goal should be to inform, explain, and clarify. However, that’s easier said than done. Many professionals seem to hide behind a fog of jargon and convoluted phrasing. This course will teach you how to write simply and clearly, even in fields that require specialized knowledge and vocabulary like law, business, finance, medicine, government, and academia. We will teach you how to focus on reader comprehension to bring clarity and simplicity to your writing.
- Learn the special skills required to write clearly and plainly
- Helping overcome the tendency to be complex and difficult to understand
- Especially useful in fields such as law, government, business, medicine, finance, and academia
- Extensive comments by the instructor and coaching
- Learn to write the clearest words, sentences, and paragraphs
This writing in plain English course will teach you the skills you need to create business writing that is clear and easy to understand. For the assignments, you will submit professional writing to demonstrate you can write in plain English. The instructor evaluates your work and helps you improve it.
When You Complete This Course...
- You will know how to break down complex ideas into small, logical blocks to facilitate reader comprehension.
- You will understand how to identify and simplify convoluted sentences.
- You will have learned how to use vocabulary your readers will understand easily, with minimal jargon.
How It Works
When you enroll, we give you access to all the online lessons and training materials. Each lesson builds on the lessons that precede it. We offer clear explanations for every part of our training and plenty of real-world examples of how to apply the skills you are learning.
Set Your Own Pace
You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. You don’t have to be online with other students or perform activities at specific times.
Your instructor evaluates all your work, coaches you through learning the skills, and gives you personalized feedback on what you are doing well and what still needs polish. You can contact your instructor at any time if you have questions about your training, business writing, or the English language.
When you finish the course within four months, you receive a graduation certificate.