Writing Effective Business Letters
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations below for our most popular combinations.
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations in the right column for our most popular combinations.
Learn the skills for writing business letters that get results.
There are many cases in which writing business letters is essential. We use business letters to communicate something too important or too formal for an ordinary email. You may be unsure of the standards and formats. This course takes the mystery out of business letter writing and teaches you how to produce clear, sophisticated business letters.
- Learn to write clear, concise business letters
- Learn the best practices for writing business letters that have impact
- Learn how to guide readers through your message
- Learn to write so clearly you cannot be misunderstood
- Learn to choose the correct business vocabulary
This course teaches you the skills for writing business letters that are clear and professional. It explains business letter writing best practices, provides examples and illustrations, and applies those skills to specific types of letters. Instruction includes evaluation of practice assignments, with coaching through revising your business letters.
When You Complete This Course...
- You will understand when it’s appropriate to write a business letter, what formats and salutations to use, what to include, and how to sign off.
- You will have a clearer understanding of how to avoid ambiguity and jargon in your business letters.
- You will understand what to include in your letters, what to leave out, and how to clarify your composition process so that you accomplish what you want with this key business tool.
- You will know how to modify business letter templates for different uses: to convey good or bad news, make announcements, or submit requests.
How It Works
When you enroll, we give you access to all the online lessons and training materials. Each lesson builds on the lessons that precede it. We offer clear explanations for every part of our training and plenty of real-world examples of how to apply the skills you are learning.
Set Your Own Pace
You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. You don’t have to be online with other students or perform activities at specific times.
Your instructor evaluates all your work, coaches you through learning the skills, and gives you personalized feedback on what you are doing well and what still needs polish. You can contact your instructor at any time if you have questions about your training, business writing, or the English language.
When you finish the course within two months, you receive a graduation certificate.