Individualized Writing for Nonnative Speakers of English
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations below for our most popular combinations.
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations in the right column for our most popular combinations.
A nonnative speakers of English business writing course
When talking with friends and colleagues, little mistakes don't matter. In business writing, even small errors can confuse our readers, or even offend them despite our good intentions. Make sure your business English writing doesn't let you down.
This business English course is tailored to teach you exactly what you need to learn most. We begin with an evaluation of your writing at the start of the course and determine areas you need to focus on. We create custom training just for you to fix the specific mistakes you are making, without wasting time on what you already know. The course is more individualized than a standard ESL course.
- A special nonnative speakers of English writing course focusing on language, grammar, punctuation, spelling, word usage, and sentence structure
- Full assessment of your English writing needs and coaching by your instructor
- Extensive comments on your writing with tutoring where you need it
- Teaching the skills you need and skills you don’t even realize you need
- Tailored assignments to give you the skills you need Improves your writing so people don’t have to proofread your work
- Improves your business writing so people don’t have to proofread your work
Your instructor reads samples of your writing and finds errors in language, grammar, punctuation, spelling, word usage, and sentence structure. Your instructor explains how the business writing should be written and provides examples of proper usage. You take a timed quiz to make sure you have learned the material. We repeat this process three times as you continue to improve your writing skills. Your instructor coaches you through learning the skills and evaluates your learning as you progress through the individualized business English course. A standard ESL course doesn't teach the unique skills you need. This course will.
When You Complete This Course...
- You will understand the areas where you need to improve your English language and grammar.
- You will learn to avoid errors in language, grammar, spelling, punctuation, word usage, and sentence structure in your writing, including those you don’t know you have.
- You will know how to avoid the common mistakes in language and grammar that even native speakers make in their business writing.
How It Works
This is a tutorial course. We base our training on your specific needs. To start, you send writing samples to your instructor. Your instructor reads each sample to identify skills you need to learn, points out the problems, shows you how your text should be written, and provides any tutoring or coaching you need to learn how to write the sentences correctly.
Your instructor gives you links to training materials that teach you the skills you need, answers your questions, and shows you how to apply what you learn to your own writing. You will repeat this process as you continue to improve your writing skills to make sure you learn as many skills as we can teach you during the course.
You submit examples of your writing by email, and your instructor responds with personalized lessons that focus on what you need to improve. The training materials are online. You have access to all of them when you register.
Set Your Own Pace
You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. You don’t have to be online with other students or perform activities at specific times.
Your instructor evaluates all your activities and examinations, coaches you through learning the skills, and gives you personalized feedback on what you are doing well and what still needs polish. You can contact your instructor at any time if you have questions about your training, business writing, or the English language.
When you finish the course within four months, you will receive a graduation certificate.
You may purchase the textbook we use from a bookseller such as Amazon.com, but the textbook is not required for the course. You will also study online training materials.
This is a tutorial course. We teach you the skills you need to write correct and clear business documents. Your instructor finds mistakes in any of the following areas and coaches you through correcting them:
- Abbreviations • Adverbs • Affect-Effect • Apostrophes to Show Possession • Articles • Bolding • Capitalization • Colocations • Colloquialisms • Colons • Commas and Periods with Quotation Marks • Comma Overuse • Commas in a Series • Commas with "However," "Therefore," "Thus" • Commas with Coordinate Adjectives • Commas with Coordinating Conjunctions • Commas with Dates, States, Addresses, and Numbers • Commas with Introductory Elements • Commas with Nonrestrictive Appositives • Commas with Nonrestrictive Elements • Commas with Parenthetical Elements • Commonly Confused Word Pairs • Conciseness • Consistency • Contractions • Dangling and Misplaced Modifiers • Ellipses • Errors Unique to My Writing • Formatting • Fragment Sentences • Gerunds, Infinitives, and Participles • Hyphens and Dashes • Hyphens with Compound Adjectives • Hyphens with Numbers • Hyphens with Prefixes and Compound Words • Idioms and Word Usage • Inversions • Lists • Modal Auxiliary Verbs • Mood Shift • Number (Singular or Plural) • Numbers Format • Omitting Space or Inserting Too Much Space • Parallelism in Lists and Sentences • Parentheses • Passive Voice • Periods • Plurals • Prepositions • Pronoun Reference • Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement • Pronouns • Proofreading • Questions • Quotation Marks • Run-on Sentences • Run-ons Using "Therefore," "However" • Semicolons • Simple Sentence Structures • Simple Vocabulary • Slashes • Spelling • Subject/Verb Agreement • Tense Endings • Tense Shifts • Tense • "There," "Their," and "They're" • Using Case Correctly • Using Key Words • "Whom," "That," and "Which" • Word Choice • Word Omitted • Word Unnecessary • Wordiness • Wording Problems
Start Learning Today
Variations of This Course
Writing Coaching for Executive Nonnative Speakers of English
This course and Business Writing Skills
Our fundamental writing course for clear, effective, professional business documents.
Add both to cart $801.00 Save $89.00
This course and Writing Effective Workplace Email
Learn best practices for writing clear, professional email quickly and confidently.
Add both to cart $801.00 Save $89.00
Writing Coaching by Dr. Robert Hogan
Dr. Hogan has been training writers for 40 years in universities, colleges of business, consulting companies, and professional writing companies.Learn more about Dr. Hogan.
Course Materials: Online + Book (to purchase)
Certificate upon Completion: Yes
Instructor Feedback: Yes
Letter of Recommendation: Yes
Lesson Count: Customized to you
Practice Activities: Customized to you
Start Learning Today
45 Business Writing CoursesView all courses.
Awards and RecognitionSee our awards and recognition.
Corporate & Government TrainingLearn more.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|The cookie is used by cdn services like CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information.
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Advertisement".
|This cookies is set by GDPR Cookie Consent WordPress Plugin. The cookie is used to remember the user consent for the cookies under the category "Analytics".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
|This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
|This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visted in an anonymous form.
|This domain of this cookie is owned by Vimeo. This cookie is used by vimeo to collect tracking information. It sets a unique ID to embed videos to the website.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
|This cookie is used to a profile based on user's interest and display personalized ads to the users.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".