Writing Online Copy for Webpages
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations below for our most popular combinations.
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations in the right column for our most popular combinations.
Online readers make quick decisions.
Selling goods and services on the web calls for different skills than in-person sales or writing copy for print. Online readers make lightning-quick decisions; you have just a few seconds to show them they are in the right place before they move on. This course helps you adapt and sharpen your promotional skills to meet the unique demands of online marketing. Whatever your experience level, this course gives you the skills you need to set up your own business online.
- Learn how to create webpages that attract and hold readers
- Learn strategies for generating sales
- Learn the fundamentals of writing persuasive online copy
- Set up your site and practice by writing for it
- Receive extensive helpful comments and coaching from your instructor
- Learn about web promotions, E-zines, splash pages, and other pages
This course teaches the skills needed to successfully sell your products or services online. Working from textbooks, you will learn about online copywriting and review the techniques to make any pitch engaging and readable. This is a hands-on course in which you work with the instructor to develop copy for your own online business.
If you do not have a website, the Business Writing Center will help you choose a domain name and establish a site. Cost for the domain name and the first year of Web hosting is approximately $68. You will own the domain name and site.
When You Complete This Course...
- You will understand how to adapt and condense your content for maximum impact online.
- You will be able to write webpages that are informative, interesting, and persuasive.
- You will understand your readers well enough to tailor your content to their interests and needs so you have the impact you want to have.
How It Works
When you enroll, we give you access to all the online lessons and training materials. Each lesson builds on the lessons that precede it. We offer clear explanations for every part of our training and plenty of real-world examples of how to apply the skills you are learning.
Set Your Own Pace
You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. You don’t have to be online with other students or perform activities at specific times.
Your instructor evaluates all your work, coaches you through learning the skills, and gives you personalized feedback on what you are doing well and what still needs polish. You can contact your instructor at any time if you have questions about your training, business writing, or the English language.
When you finish the course within four months, you receive a graduation certificate.
You may purchase the textbooks from a bookseller such as Amazon.com. You will also study online training materials.