Writing Interesting, Informative Webpages
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations below for our most popular combinations.
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations in the right column for our most popular combinations.
Writing for the web is a specific challenge that’s unlike writing for print or other media.
Online readers have a whole zoo of digital content roaring for their attention, and they decide in seconds to keep reading or move on. How do you make web content compelling to keep online readers engaged?
- Learn what makes good webpages by examining successful pages
- Learn the special form of writing Internet pages must have
- Set up your site and practice by writing for it
- Receive extensive helpful comments and coaching from your instructor
- Learn how to create home pages and splash pages
- Learn how to write clear, concise, interesting information
This course teaches the skills needed to write successfully online. We use two online copywriting handbooks to teach the techniques that make writing engaging and readable. This is a hands-on course where you work with the instructor to develop copy for your own site.
If you do not have a website, the Business Writing Center will help you select a domain name and establish a site. Cost for the domain name and the first year of Web hosting is approximately $68. You will own the domain name and site.
When You Complete This Course...
- You will know how to structure your writing in the most direct way possible so that readers will instantly understand the takeaway to expect from your page.
- You will understand how to identify your audience and determine how to gain their trust and attention.
- You will be able to write webpages that attract frequent return visits from readers.
How It Works
When you enroll, we give you access to all the online lessons and training materials. Each lesson builds on the lessons that precede it. We offer clear explanations for every part of our training and plenty of real-world examples of how to apply the skills you are learning.
Set Your Own Pace
You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. You don’t have to be online with other students or perform activities at specific times.
Your instructor evaluates all your work, coaches you through learning the skills, and gives you personalized feedback on what you are doing well and what still needs polish. You can contact your instructor at any time if you have questions about your training, business writing, or the English language.
When you finish the course within four months, you receive a graduation certificate.