One-on-One Coaching in Writing Quality Business Documents
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations below for our most popular combinations.
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations in the right column for our most popular combinations.
Your work can make a favorable impression on everyone you reach.
This coaching and tutoring focuses on your writing. The instructor is Dr. Robert Hogan, senior instructor and director of the Business Writing Center. Dr. Hogan has taught business writing for over 40 years, including in a university college of business. Dr. Hogan will evaluate your writing, identify skills you need to learn, and help you develop a writing style that is clear, concise, well-organized, and persuasive.
- An individualized course focused on teaching you the specific skills you need
- Uses any business documents you are currently writing in your work
- Extensive tutoring and coaching addressing your writing needs
- Attention to all areas of your writing: grammar, conciseness, vocabulary, organization and others
- Drawing lessons from any of our 45 business writing courses to fit your skill needs
- Attention to you and your writing from your own instructor
The instructor for this senior level coaching is Dr. Robert Hogan. Dr. Hogan will evaluate drafts of documents you're writing to pinpoint the skills you need to be a highly effective business writer. You decide the types of documents to work on. Dr. Hogan will evaluate your writing samples and identify any skills you need: language, grammar, punctuation, spelling, vocabulary, clarity, conciseness, organization, style, writing for impact, persuasive writing, specific writing skills relevant to the type of writing you do, and anything else he identifies that you need to learn. It is an ideal way to learn how to polish your writing while enhancing your overall writing skills.
When You Complete This Course...
- You will have impressive pieces of your own writing in hand that you can use as models in the future.
- You will understand how to apply the skills you learn to all your future writing projects.
- You will have confidence in your writing because you will know a highly qualified instructor has identified your weaknesses and has taught you how to eliminate them.
How It Works
This is a tutorial course. We base our training on your specific needs. To start, you send writing samples to your instructor. Your instructor reads each sample to identify skills you need to learn, points out the problems, shows you how your text should be written, and provides any tutoring or coaching you need to learn how to write the sentences correctly.
Your instructor gives you links to training materials that teach you the skills you need, answers your questions, and shows you how to apply what you learn to your own writing. You will repeat this process as you continue to improve your writing skills to make sure you learn as many skills as we can teach you during the course.
You submit examples of your writing by email, and your instructor responds with personalized lessons that focus on what you need to improve. The training materials are online. You have access to all of them when you register.
Set Your Own Pace
You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. You don’t have to be online with other students or perform activities at specific times.
Your instructor evaluates all your activities and examinations, coaches you through learning the skills, and gives you personalized feedback on what you are doing well and what still needs polish. You can contact your instructor at any time if you have questions about your training, business writing, or the English language.
When you finish the course within four months, you will receive a graduation certificate.