Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations below for our most popular combinations.
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations in the right column for our most popular combinations.
Let your business writing reflect your abilities and professionalism.
You have the drive and talent to succeed in your work. Get the guidance you need to improve your writing and communication skills and make a good impression on everyone you reach.
This course is taught by Dr. Robert Hogan, director of the Business Writing Center. You study Dr. Hogan’s book, Explicit Business Writing: Best Practices for the Twenty-First Century.
Take This Course If ...
- You want to boost your career by showing your colleagues and clients that you can write with clarity and purpose.
- You want to gain confidence in your writing so you can write more efficiently.
- You want your writing to reflect your professional ambition and ability.
- You want training and coaching from a highly qualified college of business professor.
The Explicit Business Writing course teaches the best practices professionals must master to write clear, effective, professional email, memos, letters, reports, and other business documents.
The course includes a free copy of Dr. Hogan’s textbook. Dr. Hogan will evaluate your work and coach you through mastering each skill. Dr. Hogan teaches a structured approach that will make writing easier, ensure your writing is clear and professional, and guide your readers through your content.
When You Complete This Course ...
- You will know how to find the right balance between too much and too little in your business documents and between too casual and overly formal writing.
- You will be able to avoid the easily corrected errors that can make you look ill-prepared.
- You will understand the best practices for writing high-quality, professional business documents.
How It Works
When you enroll, we give you access to all the online lessons and training materials. Each lesson builds on the lessons that precede it. We offer clear explanations for every part of our training and plenty of real-world examples of how to apply the skills you are learning.
Set Your Own Pace
You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. You don’t have to be online with other students or perform activities at specific times.
Your instructor evaluates all your work, coaches you through learning the skills, and gives you personalized feedback on what you are doing well and what still needs polish. You can contact your instructor at any time if you have questions about your training, business writing, or the English language.
When you finish the course within four months, you receive a graduation certificate.
Included in the course price, you receive a copy of Dr. Hogan's textbook, Explicit Business Writing: Best Practices for the Twenty-First Century.