Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations below for our most popular combinations.
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations in the right column for our most popular combinations.
Learn to excel at recording and writing meeting minutes.
Your company or agency relies on accurate, complete meeting minutes to know what was said and done at meetings. There are tried and true strategies for recording and organizing effective, error-free meeting minutes, and this course prepares you to take on that responsibility. Feel confident in your ability to provide useful, accurate, effective minutes to your colleagues.
Take This Course If ...
- You are responsible for keeping the minutes for meetings at your company and want to excel in that role.
- You want to ensure your meeting minutes include the content your organization wants and expects.
- You want to learn the appropriate vocabulary and core principles for writing clear, accurate meeting minutes.
The Recording and Writing Meeting Minutes course trains you on every step in the process. We train you to decide what types of minutes to take, prepare to take minutes, record your notes, translate your notes into clear minutes, and distribute the results with confidence that you have done an excellent job.
You provide the instructor with examples of your meeting minutes work, and your instructor teaches you the necessary skills. You take three examinations: one evaluating how well you know the requirements of your organization for the meeting minutes, a second evaluating the notes you take for your meeting minutes, and a third evaluating your final draft.
This course material is the same as BWC 215 Recording and Writing Meeting Minutes, but this course includes three additional evaluations of meeting minutes.
When You Complete This Course ...
- You will understand the conventions and protocols of meeting minutes.
- You will be able to choose the appropriate format and method of distribution.
- You will have practiced taking highly useful meeting minutes, using appropriate vocabulary and clear, effective sentences.
- Your minutes will be clear and ready for distribution to those who rely on this key record of company meetings.
How It Works
When you enroll, we give you access to all the online lessons and training materials. Each lesson builds on the lessons that precede it. We offer clear explanations for every part of our training and plenty of real-world examples of how to apply the skills you are learning.
Set Your Own Pace
You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. You don’t have to be online with other students or perform activities at specific times.
Your instructor evaluates all your work, coaches you through learning the skills, and gives you personalized feedback on what you are doing well and what still needs polish. You can contact your instructor at any time if you have questions about your training, business writing, or the English language.
When you finish the course within four months, you receive a graduation certificate.