Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations below for our most popular combinations.
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations in the right column for our most popular combinations.
What’s the best way to report on highly technical content for other professionals in your field?
Even though your readers already have the background to grasp your content, they still rely on you to clearly and patiently explain the nuances of process, data, and analysis. You need to write in an easy-to-digest format that doesn’t burden your readers with complex phrasing and poor structure. Learn to choose the correct format and the right methods for each type of data you want to present.
- Learn how to write technical information clearly
- Learn the best practices for technical writing
- Learn how to plan and organize clear, concise reports
- Receive extensive, helpful comments on the reports you write for the course
- Learn how to get down to writing and write efficiently
- Learn the best practices for writing informative, readable reports
- Learn to choose the correct business vocabulary
This Technical Writing course teaches you how to prepare reports on subjects that require extensive technical explanations, analyses, and data presentations. We teach business writers how to present information to technical readers so they understand the concepts and can apply them in their work.
Please note that this course trains you to write about technical subjects for those with the background to understand them. To learn how to write for non-technical readers, we recommend Writing Technical Explanations for Non-Technical Readers (BWC423).
When You Complete This Course...
- You will be able to present your explanations and analyses clearly.
- You will know how to identify your intended audience before you start writing and tailor your presentation so they can get the greatest benefit from it.
- You will understand when it’s appropriate to communicate using visuals to bolster your argument or explanation.
- You will have reviewed the basics of clear, concise, correct writing, so that small errors don’t distract your readers.
How It Works
When you enroll, we give you access to all the online lessons and training materials. Each lesson builds on the lessons that precede it. We offer clear explanations for every part of our training and plenty of real-world examples of how to apply the skills you are learning.
Set Your Own Pace
You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. You don’t have to be online with other students or perform activities at specific times.
Your instructor evaluates all your work, coaches you through learning the skills, and gives you personalized feedback on what you are doing well and what still needs polish. You can contact your instructor at any time if you have questions about your training, business writing, or the English language.
When you finish the course within four months, you receive a graduation certificate.