- Business grammar course and business writing course discounted when taken together
- Training in the essential business writing best practices
- Grammar course that covers the major business grammar rules
- Instructor is a college of business PhD professor
- Extensive feedback and coaching for enhanced business writing training and grammar training
- Clear, easily understood business writing and grammar course lessons
- Three business writing training examinations
- Grammar course pre-tests and post-tests to test knowledge and progress
- Dozens of business writing interactive exercises
- Tuition reduced to $225 when the courses are taken together
Grammar Course and Business Writing Course Syllabuses:
These two courses are in combination because they complement each other. They are designed for busy business people who want to have essential business grammar training and business writing training with fewer writing activities. The courses contain training in only the most important skills a businessperson needs to know to be able to write clear, effective business documents with correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, word usage, and sentence structure. The two courses provide the perfect combination of business writing and grammar skills, so the Business Writing Center discounts the tuition if students enroll for both at the same time.
BWC85 Grammar Course Content
Lesson 2: Using Active Voice
Lesson 3: Number Accuracy
Lesson 4: Transposition Errors
Lesson 5: Abbreviations
Lesson 6: Number Expression
Lesson 7: Capitalization
Lesson 8: Commas
Lesson 9: Other Punctuation
Lesson 10: Special Punctuation
Lesson 11: Spelling
Lesson 12: Confusing Words
Lesson 13: Subject/Verb Agreement
Lesson 14: Pronoun Agreement
Lesson 15: Using Defined Terms Consistently
Lesson 16: Citing Sources
Grammar Course Post-test
BWC95 Business Writing Course Content
Pre-write Business Writing
Choose strategies based on the goals and readers.
Prepare for Your Business Writing
Prepare notes for your email, memo, letter, or report.
Organize Your Business Writing
Introduce the Content
Write a clear, complete introduction in all your business writing.
For emails, letters, and memos, write a cordial beginning or buffer.
State the contents of your business writing.
For business reports, state conclusions and recommendations in the introduction.
Write Clear Business Documents
Check each block for focus.
Check each block for completeness.
Use headings to open blocks.
Write Clear, Complete Explanations in Your Business Writing
For reports, write clear, complete, relevant explanations.
Write Conclusions in Business Writing that Have Impact
Write Clear, Effective Sentences, Paragraphs, and Words.
Write clear, simple, active-voice sentences.
For reports, write clearly and simply for non-technical readers.
Use words the reader will understand.
Prepare a Polished, Correct Final Draft
Format email to be readable.