Introduction to This Email Writing Training
You can write request emails so the reader responds with what you want, as you want it, every time. Write the request email using strategies that will ensure you receive what you need, when you need it.
Writing a Successful Request Email: Activities
Locate two request emails you have written. Evaluate them by answering these questions:
- Do you explain what led up to your request?
- Do you state precisely the action you want the reader to complete?
- Do you state the time by which it must be completed?
- Do you state the conditions under which it must be completed and delivered to you?
- Do you break out the questions into a list?
- If the request is critical, do you build in a feedback loop to be sure the person is giving you want you want?
How would you change your emails after reading the lesson?