Lesson 2 Activity
Knowing your readers is critical to writing clearly for non-technical readers. Learn to consider each of these factors as you think about those for whom you are writing:
- The reader’s knowledge of the subject in each objective
- The reader’s educational background
- The reader’s technical expertise
- The amount of concreteness each reader needs to be able to understand and act
- The depth of information each reader needs
What You Will Submit to Demonstrate Your Competence
Use the guidelines in this lesson to submit one of the following:
- If you are writing documents for non-technical readers now, write a Word document with a statement of who your readers are and your analysis of those readers.
- If you are not yet writing documents for non-technical readers, specify in a Word document who the readers will be for whom you will be writing and analyze them. Submit the analysis in a Word document.
Submit your Word document attached to an email to email@example.com.