Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations below for our most popular combinations.
Save 10% off each course when you enroll in two or more courses. See suggested combinations in the right column for our most popular combinations.
Every important business document needs proofreading.
This comprehensive course for proofreaders teaches basic proofreading rules and proofreading marks to help you correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, word usage, and sentence structure errors.
- Review the basics of language, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, word usage, and formatting
- Practice proofreading real documents and receiving instructor feedback
- Learn the proofreader’s marks and how to use them
- Learn methods of proofreading so you don’t miss errors
- Learn the methods of proofreading that focus on specific areas in the writing
The Proofreading Skills course contains clear, thorough explanations of the proofreading process and proofreader's marks. The course reviews basic English usage to help you spot the errors that even experienced proofreaders may miss. As you review the rules, you proofread sample documents to practice identifying mistakes. Your instructor then evaluates your proofreading to ensure you’ve learned the skills.
When You Complete This Course...
- You will understand how to use standard proofreading marks.
- You will know how to proofread methodically to identify errors and communicate them to the writer.
- You will know the basic usage rules so you can identify errors easily in documents.
How It Works
When you enroll, we give you access to all the online lessons and training materials. Each lesson builds on the lessons that precede it. We offer clear explanations for every part of our training and plenty of real-world examples of how to apply the skills you are learning.
Set Your Own Pace
You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. You don’t have to be online with other students or perform activities at specific times.
Your instructor evaluates all your work, coaches you through learning the skills, and gives you personalized feedback on what you are doing well and what still needs polish. You can contact your instructor at any time if you have questions about your training, business writing, or the English language.
When you finish the course within four months, you receive a graduation certificate.
You may purchase the textbooks from a bookseller such as Amazon.com. You will also study online training materials.
This course has four diagnostic tests. To graduate you must score an average of at least 70% on the four diagnostics. This course is not recommended for anyone who wants to overcome errors in his or her writing. You should have few usage errors in your writing to be able to graduate from this course.
When you finish the course within four months with an average of 70% on the diagnostics, you receive a graduation certificate.