The Recording and Writing Meeting Minutes course teaches how to write meeting minutes that satisfy an organization’s needs. The Recording and Writing Meeting Minutes course takes you through every step in the process of deciding with your company what types of minutes to take, preparing for taking meeting minutes, recording your notes, writing meeting minutes, and distributing the minutes.
The Recording and Writing Meeting Minutes course contains three examinations on writing meeting minutes: one evaluating how well you know the requirements of your organization for writing meeting minutes, a second evaluating the notes you take for your meeting minutes, and a final evaluating your minutes writing in the final draft of your meeting minutes.
The BWC217 Recording and Writing Meeting Minutes Course with Additional Evaluations adds the evaluation of three sets of final drafts of meeting minutes you have written. In BWC217, after you have completed the main part of the course, your instructor will evaluate your meeting minutes writing in three more sets of minutes, working with you on the style, clarity, organization, grammar, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure, and anything else about writing meeting minutes the instructor identifies that you need to learn.
Course Time: You will go through the course at your own pace, so you could complete it within a few weeks. However, you have up to two months to complete the Recording and Writing Minutes course so you can fit the study time into your schedule. All lessons must be finished within the two-month period.
BWC215 and BWC217 will teach you how to:
- Decide on conventions and protocol for writing meeting minutes
- Choose a format and methods of distribution of the meeting minutes
- Prepare for taking meeting minutes
- Record meeting information in notes
- Use appropriate vocabulary in writing meeting minutes
- Use clear, effective sentences in writing meeting minutes
- Use clear, simple punctuation in writing meeting minutes
- Lesson 1: Decide on Conventions and Protocol for Writing Meeting Minutes
- Lesson 2: Determine the Types of Minutes You Must Write
- Lesson 3: Choose the Format and Methods of Distribution
Writing Meeting Minutes Competency Examination 1
- Lesson 4: Preparing for Taking Minutes in Preparation for Writing Meeting Minutes
- Lesson 5: Recording Meeting Information
Writing Meeting Minutes Competency Examination 2
- Lesson 6: Using Appropriate Vocabulary in Writing Meeting Minutes
- Lesson 7: Writing Clear, Effective Sentences
- Lesson 8: Using Clear, Simple Punctuation in Writing Meeting Minutes