The Writing Clear, Effective Email course will teach you how to write clear, professional emails. The email-writing course materials contain easy-to-understand explanations and a large number of examples so you can learn the skills on your own. This email course is divided into lessons, like a college course. You have access to the email-writing course materials for as long as you want to use them.
The Business Writing Center does not track progress through the email-writing self-study course. A version of the Writing Clear, Effective Email Self-study course is available in which the Business Writing Center will record your completion of lessons. The Business Writing Center will notify you or a manager that you have submitted the forms showing that you have completed the email-writing course lessons.That course is BWC356.
Because the self-study courses have no instructor contact, you will not receive a graduation certificate. If you want instructor contact and a graduation certificate, you should enroll in BWC350.
Tuition is $69. Volume discounts are available for BWC35.
Email-Writing Course Content
- Lesson 1: Know Business Email Etiquette
- Lesson 2: Use Short, Clear Sentences and Simple Punctuation
- Lesson 3: Write Business Emails Concisely
- Lesson 4: Avoid Clumsy Phrases, Complex Vocabulary, and Stiff Language
- Lesson 5: Format Your Business Emails for Readability
- Lesson 6: Proofread Your Business Emails
- Lesson 7: Write a Clear, Meaningful Subject Line
- Lesson 8: Write an Informative Beginning to the Business Email
- Lesson 9: Use Headings, Generalizations, and Paragraphs
- Lesson 10: Write a Cordial, Informative Conclusion to the Business Email
- Lesson 11: Write Enough but Not Too Much
- Lesson 12: Follow Up on your Business Emails