- Business reports course teaches the best practices for writing business reports
- Taught by a business college PhD professor
- All business reports course materials online
- Many business report writing exercises
- Activities to practice writing clear business reports that have impact
- Easy-to-understand lessons
- A wide variety of business reports examples
- Five writing examinations of sample business reports
- Business reports course materials stay online after graduation for later reference
- Tuition: $295
The Business Report Writing course teaches the skills required to write clear, explicit business reports. The business reports course focuses on the structure critical to all business reports, providing the basic knowledge any writer can use for all types of business reports.
The Business Report Writing course teaches all the best practices that result in clear, professional business reports, from deciding what should go into the business report to preparing the final draft. The business reports course includes five writing samples your instructor will evaluate, comment on, and use to coach you through skills you need to learn.
The online lessons contain clear explanations and many business report writing examples. You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. The instructor evaluates the activities and examinations, comments on skills learned and skills that still need polish, coaches you through learning the business report writing skills, and certifies your competence. You receive a graduation certificate for framing at the end of the business reports course.
You will go through the business reports course at your own pace, so you could complete it within a few weeks. However, you have up to four months to complete the course so you can fit the study time into your schedule. All lessons must be finished within the four-month period.
Business Report Writing Course Content
Plan the Report Writing
- Set goals.
- Know your readers.
- Choose strategies based on the goals and readers.
Submit Report Writing Sample 1 for Evaluation and Coaching
Prepare Your Notes
- Learn how to overcome writer’s block.
- Prepare notes for your report.
Organize the Report Writing
- Have an organizational pattern in mind.
- Use special organizational patterns for some messages.
Introduce the Report Writing Content
- Write a clear, complete report introduction.
- State the contents of the report.
- State conclusions and recommendations in the introduction.
Present Explanations in Blocks
- Write the explanations in blocks.
- Keep explanations of a subject together in one block.
- Check each block for focus.
- Check each block for completeness.
- Open each block with a statement of the contents.
- Use headings to open blocks.
- Bold field or data names to identify them as blocks.
Submit Report Writing Sample 2 for Evaluation and Coaching
Present Lists Clearly
- Create lists.
- Open list blocks.
- Mark the list items clearly.
- Keep list items in a single list.
- Keep list items in the same format.
- Present information in tables when possible.
- Consider information blueprinting to be explicit.
Submit Report Writing Sample 3 for Evaluation and Coaching
Write Clear, Complete Explanations
- Write to build conclusions in the reader’s mind.
- Write clear, complete, relevant explanations in report writing.
- Use key words consistently.
- Fully explain each new concept word or phrase.
- Use full phrases to define words clearly.
Write Conclusions that Have Impact
- Write a conclusion that achieves your goals.
Submit Report Writing Sample 4 for Evaluation and Coaching
Write Clear, Effective Paragraphs, Sentences, and Words
- Use paragraphs to organize report writing.
- Write concisely.
- Combine sentences to show relationships.
- Separate sentences to make them clearer.
- Write clear, simple, straightforward sentences in report writing.
- Write strong, direct sentences.
- Write clearly and simply for non-technical readers.
- Use words the reader will understand.
Prepare a Polished, Correct Final Draft
- Use your spell checker and grammar checker.