The Writing Online Copy for Webpages course teaches the skills required for writing webpages that promote products and services. If you are interested in writing webpages that are interesting and informative, but do not sell products or services, the course BWC427 Writing Informative Websites will be better for you.
This course on writing websites uses two of the foremost textbook available today to provide tips on writing websites. You will write website advertising copy using the skills and receive coaching and feedback from the instructor. You will be writing webpages for your own website using the skills, and you will receive coaching and feedback from the instructor. If you do not have a website, the Business Writing Center will help you select a domain name and establish a website. Cost for the domain name and the first year of website hosting is approximately $68. You will own the domain name and site. The writing webpages course will use the pages you develop for your website to give you tips on writing webpages.
The online website writing lessons contain clear explanations and many examples of writing webpages and tips on how to write webpages. You go at your own pace and submit assignments when you are ready. The instructor evaluates the activities and examinations, comments on skills you have learned and skills you still need polish, coaches you through learning the skills, and certifies your competence in writing webpages. You receive a graduation certificate at the end of the course.
Course Time: You will go through BWC428: Writing Online Copy for Webpages at your own pace, so you could complete it within a few weeks. However, you have up to four months to complete the course so you can fit the study time into your schedule. You must finish all lessons within the four-month period.
- Lesson 1: Writing Webpages
- Lesson 2: Fundamentals of Writing Persuasive Webpage Copy
- Lesson 3: Strategies for Writing Websites that Generate Sales
- Lesson 4: Adapting Existing Print Copy to the Website
- Lesson 5: Illustrating Your Website Writing
- Lesson 6: Creating Effective Website Writing
- Lesson 7: Home Pages and the Splash Page
- Lesson 8: Writing Guest Books, Forums, Shopping Carts, and Other Webpages
- Lesson 9: Internet Direct Mail Writing
- Lesson 10: Advertising on the Website: Banner and E-Zine Ads
- Lesson 11: Writing Website Newsletters and E-Zines
- Lesson 12: Writing Website Pages
- Lesson 13: Writing Website Promotions
- Lesson 14: Writing Websites to Inform
- Lesson 15: Writing Clear, Simple Website Material
- Lesson 16: Proofreading Webpages Carefully